Thursday, January 13, 2011

Edgar canned UFC light heavyweight belt with signs (AP)

LAS VEGAS-Frankie Edgar retains its light UFC 125 title fights drawing controversial with Maynard on Saturday night at MGM Grand grey.

"A fight ends in a draw is bitter," said Edgar. "You do not win, but you do not lose."

Maynard Edgar sent on the www at the beginning of the fight with a heavy left and was champion in problems in the first round, but Edgar overcame the damage and counter in the next three towers.

"I hit with a big shot, but I plump and returned," said Edgar.

One judge scored 48-46 in Maynard, another had 48-46 for Edgar and the third called it even.

All three judges scored first round 10-8 for Maynard.

"I thought it would be stopped in the first," said Maynard, as hard in the last round. "I left him as five times." It was everywhere. »

Edgar beats BJ Penn for the belt in April and retains title in an immediate match.

Edgar asked he would fight new Maynard.

"Yes, I probably would have," said Edgar. "It was a victory over me and we now have a tie, but I will do what the UFC wants to do me."

In the case of co-main, Brian Stann stopped Chris Leben at 3: 37 in the first round.

Inward, Thiago Silva outpointed unanimously Brandon Vera, Dong Hyun Kim stayed undefeated by a unanimous on Nate Diaz and Clay Guida won his third consecutive victory, submitting pride champion Takanori light with a constriction Gomiby guillotine in cycle 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment